- The build system uses scons which can be freely obtained for any platform.
- To build just run the command scons, from the folder build, which will create the static library, shared library and a test app which uses the shared library.
To check network logging, then before running the test app, also start the log server, using command "python log_server.py" (in linux/unix) or simply clicking on the log_server.py on windows. If the log server is not running and / or connection fails, then the netowk logs will be redirected to the console. To run the test app under linux/unix :
The supported build options can be viewed using "scons -h" command:
- RELEASE - used to enable O3 optimizations and exclude debugging symbols. example: scons RELEASE=1
- DISABLE_THREAD_SAFETY - used to disable thread safety checks, use if you have a single thread of execution.
- DISABLE_SOCKET_LOGGER - used to disable network logger, use it if you are not using socket logging.
- CROSS_COMPILE - used for cross compilation.
- For cross compiling to arm without a socket logger : scons CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux- DISABLE_SOCKET_LOGGER=1
- For compiling with O3 optimizations : scons RELEASE=1
- To enable the option just use OptionName=1